Friday, September 12, 2008

ALEX

ALEX which stands for Alabama Learning exchange, like ACCESS, is a program that is created to make school education and learning to be more effficient and convenient. Its website porvides teachers with weblinks to aid them in their teaching. It provides courses online covering all subjects and classes, making it easy for people who live in areas and attend schools that do not offer them. ALEX has a function that makes lesson plans for teachers for their classes, making their jobs easier for them, timewise and effortwise. In making the lesson plans, teachers can decide the objectives and levels that they want the lesson plans, and ALEX will meet those exact requirements. It provides a personal workplace for teachers who are registered to store and submit lesson plans and teacher webpages. It provides a professional opportunities page for people to choose from and receive from their website. ALEX is a resourceful program for both teachers and students alike.

I Think it would help me as a teacher because of the conveniences and the help I would receive from them, can make me a better facilitator of knowledge to my students. It can give me more time to teach my students about the subject matter and to do so with more knowledge and resources, due to its function of making my lesson plan or giving me my workplace to create my lesson plan, in addition to the web links that it provides for teachers/students to receive desired information . It helps me reach students from different places and communicate with them online and at their own pace, helping them to learn better. I think ALEX is a very good invention for teaching and learning.

No comments: